Biomerica EZ Detect Stool Blood Tests
The Biomerica EZ Detect Stool Blood Test is an early screening home test kit for colorectal cancer. EZ Detect is a convenient, easy throw in the bowl at home test. This test requires no lab processing or diet restrictions. Test results appear in approximately two minutes. The CRS test is FDA 510(k) Cleared for Home Use. Each physician office package dispenser contains 48 home test kits, each containing 5 testing tissues. (FDA 510K#: K860028)
The EZ DETECT Stool Blood Test is the most advanced home test available to detect hidden blood in the stool, one of the primary early warning signals of many health problems. EZ DETECT™ is designed to detect blood in the stool that can be caused by bleeding ulcers, hemorrhoids, polyps, colitis, diverticulitis, fissures or cancer of the colon.
A simple, sanitary, fast home test requiring no stool handling. The user simply drops a test tissue into the toilet bowl, and if blood is present, a blue-green color will appear within two minutes. The test detects small quantities (2.0mg hemoglobin/100 ml water) of occult (hidden) blood in the stool. FDA 510(k) Cleared and CLIA Waived.
How the Test Works:
- The EZ DETECT™ fecal occult blood test kit consists of a biodegradable tissue-paper-film coated with a chromogenic dye (TMB) and peroxide. The film is in the shape of a cross on the test tissue.
- Colorectal disorders such as cancer, cause blood to be present on the outside of the stool from irritated polyps that have formed in the colon. This blood disperses onto the surface of the toilet water. The heme portion of hemoglobin, present in blood, oxidizes the tetramethylbenzidine that is on the test strip and causes a blue/green color change
- Convenient, Sanitary " Easy throw-in-the-bowl test. No messy handling of stool.
- Quick, simple to use " Just drop a test pad in the toilet after a bowel movement. See the results of the test in just 2 minutes. Repeat the test with the next two bowel movements.
- Easy-to-read results " Test area of pad will turn blue/green if blood is detected.
- Reliable and Accurate " FDA 510(k) cleared. Clinically proven. Used by hospitals and physicians worldwide.
- No dietary restrictions " Not affected by rare meat or vitamin C.
- Does not require lab processing.