OSOM Trichomonas Rapid Test Kit
The OSOM Trichomonas Rapid Test is an immunochro-matographic assay that detects pathogen antigens directly from vaginal swabs. Results are rapid, occurring within approximately 10 minutes. FDA Cleared and CLIA waived. (FDA 510K#: K033864)
- Fast - Results in approximately 10 minutes
- Flexible - Requires minimal training and lab personnel
- Objective - Provides easy-to-read two color results
- Room Temperature Storage - 12-18 month shelf life
- Conventional procedures for identification of Trichomonas from vaginal swabs involve detection by wet mount microscopy or by culture. Culture can take 24-72 hours. Wet mount microscopy provides results relatively quickly, but has a reported sensitivity of 58% versus culture.
- The OSOM® Trichomonas Rapid Test is an immunochro-matographic assay that detects pathogen antigens directly from vaginal swabs. Results are rapid, occurring within approximately
CPT CODE*: 87808QW - Trichomonas assay with optic
National Average Reimbursement 2019: $15.29
*All CPT codes are supplied for information purposes only and represent no statement; promise or guarantee by CLIAwaived, Inc. that these codes will be appropriate or that reimbursement will be made. It is the responsibility of the service provider to confirm the appropriate coding required by their local Medicare carriers, fiscal intermediaries and commercial payors.