Clinistrip - 3 Parameter Urinalysis Test Strips
(1 Bottle of 100 Strips)
Urine Reagent Diagnostic Test Strips, urinalysis test strip for detection and screening of pH, Glucose and Protein in Urine. This test is FDA Cleared and is CLIA Waived.
Urinalysis Test for the Detection of pH, Glucose and Protein in Urine
Urine test strips are used to monitor urine specimens for various biochemicals and their connection to certain diseases. All urine test strips yield clear and acccurate results in less than 30 seconds. Results can be interpreted using visual comparison of the reagent pads to the color chart or other compatible automated Urinalysis equipment or with a Uritek Strip Reader.
PROCEDURE AND USE:
- Collect a fresh urine sample in a clean, dry container preferably glass. First morning samples contain the highest concentration of target markers.
- Remove one reagent strip from the bottle and immediately replace the container cap, minimizing the exposure of the remaining test strips to light and air.
- Completely immerse the reagent pads of the strip in the urine sample and then remove immediately to avoid dissolving out the reagent pads.
- While removing the reagent strip, run the edge of the strip against the rim of the specimen container to remove excess urine. Hold the strip in a horizontal position to prevent possible cross contamination of chemicals located in adjacent reagent pads.
- Compare the color change of reagent pads to the corresponding color chart on the bottle label. Read results according to the chart's time frame for each panel tested.
- Record the results of your readings for discussion and/or evaluation with your physician or healthcare provider and then discard the used reagent strip.
READING THE RESULTS:
Each vial of urinalysis reagent strips includes a color coded chart. The reactive color of each panel on the test strip is compared to the closest corresponding color on the result chart. The concentration level range for each chemical marker is indicated below each color block on the result chart. As with all tests dealing with color intensity or color matching, it is often recommended to obtain another person's interpretation of the test result. Shown above (for illustration purposes only) is the color result chart for the URS-10, ten parameter test strip. Each of the ten reactive reagent pads on the test strip are compared to the corresponding line of color blocks on the chart. For the single and multi-urine test strips the color chart is adjusted accordingly. For each parameter the closest color match indicates the test result. Use of reagent strips are intended as an initial indication only of elevated chemical markers and not conclusive of a specific diagnosis. Further testing and consultation with a healthcare professional is necessary to confirm the presence of specific disease or health conditions.
CPT Code*: 81003QW - Urinalysis auto without scope
National Average Reimbursement 2019: $2.49
*All CPT codes are supplied for information purposes only and represent no statement; promise or guarantee by CLIAwaived Inc. that these codes will be appropriate or that reimbursement will be made. It is the responsibility of the service provider to confirm the appropriate coding required by their local Medicare carriers, fiscal intermediaries and commercial payors.